The goal of this course is to provide training to individuals or organizations on reptile and amphibian biology, ecology and survey methods to inform future survey work in the province of Ontario.
- Ability to identify Ontario’s reptiles and amphibians.
- Understanding of reptile and amphibian ecology and phenology as it relates to detectability and survey timing.
- General understanding of reptile and amphibian habitat use, as well as species-specific habitat preferences.
- Knowledge of appropriate survey methods for Ontario’s reptile and amphibian species, including the advantages and limitations of each method.
- Understanding of key considerations for assessing presence/ absence of reptile and amphibian species, including search effort.
- Participants will be able to develop and conduct surveys for reptile and amphibians.
- Participants will be able to review proposed survey methodologies for appropriateness.
- A certificate of completion is issued at the end of the course.